Musings about the writing life.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monthly NCWN Charlotte Chapter Meetup

Julia's Cafe and Books
Charlotte, NC
Saturday, September 28, 2013
3-5 pm
Hosted by Annie Maier

First of all, I love Julia's Cafe.  I found a copy of Steve Zissou for three dollars--The Criterion Collection!!

Secondly, Annie always brings homemade cinnamon cookies and handouts!!



"The more conferences I attend and the more studies and articles I read, the more I am convinced that one thing will remain constant regardless of the changes in our industry. No matter the media, genre or subject, the biggest difference between successful authors and aspiring writers is perseverance--the willingness, and ability, to stay seated, stay focused, and write." --Annie Maeir

I met some great local writers and talked about writing "salon style" like in Paris in the 30s perhaps....

I also was reminded of things to come: I don't know if I'll make it all the way down to Wrightsville Beach for this year's NCWN Fall Conference, but I should because they have a workshop on how to write sex scenes!!!

I did sign up for the "Spaghetti Night with Authors" that's happening Monday, October 14th though at Maggiano's hosted by the Women's National Book Association which is really called Bibliofeast 2013.

Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment