Musings about the writing life.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Barnes and Noble Book Haul

Last night I was in Barnes and Noble innocently standing by the new Young Adult books table when two girls came up to me like I worked there and asked me where Gone Girl was.

"It's under Flynn, in fiction--F--L--Y--N--N," I said without thinking.

I have not read this, so how did I know this?  I was pretty proud of myself.  Not only did I look like a smart bookseller even in my sparkly red sweater but I also knew the answer.

And I have to say, I know the answer from watching so many Booktube videos.  Thank you, Booktubers!




I also walked out of Barnes and Noble with the following YA books that I hope to read one day soon:
  • Every Day by David Levithan (A soul wakes up every day in a different body.)
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver--A girl wakes up reliving the last day of her life until she figures out why she died, I think.) This book is this month's YA-MA club's book read: (http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/51118-rated-ya-ma)
  • Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt (A girl gives up all social media after being dumped on Facebook and pretends she's living in the sixties.)
And Booktubers had a lot to do with those decisions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment