Musings about the writing life.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Last Day of Books a Million

Tear.  Last Day of Books a Million.

Books a Million in Charlotte, NC, closed on March 16, 2013.

"But you didn't go in there that much."--husband
"Yes, I did.  And anyway knowing it was there was a comfort."--me

Books were 20% off on that day and I got the following:



  • John Green boxset
  • a beautiful Penguin edition of Bridget Jones Diary (I've read this and probably have it but damn Booktubers are making me notice and want beautiful books more)
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (the Booktubers have been going on and on about this one...something about a video game and great 80s references)

The biggest point is---I will miss the hours of browsing.  (Husband is very patient as long as he has his iPhone.) There were so many more that I picked up and put back trying to keep a limit to how much I spent.

Bookstores to me are like museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment